Monday, June 16, 2008

Duel Hearts

I know you

Who you are and want to be

Who you were before

I know how you make your moves

The tone of your voice before you speak

The look in your eyes when you see

I know what makes you happy

What little things can bring you joy

How real you make each moment seem

I feel when you are close

But remind myself what it's like

When you disappear

I am in front of you now and can see

When you will stay and when you will go

Biding your time

I am your distraction

A place for your soul to rest

I stand here holding you

My hands tied with my heart

Seeing no one else pass me by

You watch and smile at them all

Looking for something more

I know if I hold too tight

You will push me away

I am stuck here

You go on

Without a backward glance

I know you

Your broken heart will shatter

What is left of mine

No comments: