Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Soul Spill

I did not want to say it

Especially, not out loud

Even though it was known

In my early heart

These thoughts were taught as wrong

Strange and different

not accepted here

Decided just to fake it

From one extreme to the next

shouting stumbling pushing

Testing what made no sense

Seeking to destroy

This me that felt ashamed

Scared to think it

but dreamed it anyway

Had to keep on moving

Confused thoughts in confined spaces

Needed to cross some lines

Think on my own time

From small town bonfires

To big city views

I searched until she asked me not to go

Then found the heart I always knew

And learned what real love meant

People surrounding supported

when they felt our happiness

Spill across the streets

in front of us

1 comment:

Brooke L. said...

beautiful.....